The Euroguidance network is a network of centres across Europe linking together the Careers Guidance systems in Europe.
Euroguidance promotes mobility, helping guidance counsellors and individuals to better understand the opportunities available to European citizens throughout Europe.
The main task of the Euroguidance network is to establish links for exchange of information among providers of vocational guidance and counselling services, respond to inquiries of guidance practitioners, participate/cooperate in various pilot projects, compile and disseminate information through the EU portal PLOTEUS (Portal on Learning Opportunities Throughout the European Space) and international Internet resource on education, labour market and qualifications in 26 European countries ESTIA.
Euroguidance Latvia is hosted by the Guidance and Counselling Department of the State Education Development Agency (Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra).
The aims of Euroguidance Latvia are to foster development of national policy and practice in career guidance and counselling through providing information to policy makers, support to guidance practitioners and other stakeholders.
The tasks of Euroguidance Latvia include:
- Cooperation and networking at national and transnational level to ensure exchange of information with guidance and counselling stakeholders, Euroguidance centres and other European initiatives related to mobility;
- Development, publication and dissemination of quality information on the education system, education opportunities and vocational qualifications of Latvia, other EU member countries, EEA and candidate countries to meet the needs of guidance and counselling practitioners and end-users;
- Maintenance and up-dating of information on learning opportunities in Latvia within the PLOTEUS (Portal on Learning Opportunities Throughout the European Space) portal and other databases;
- Gathering and dissemination of lifelong guidance methods and tools to the Latvian guidance community;
- Awareness raising on European learning and career development opportunities of mobility for guidance practitioners and their clients;
- Contribution to the development of the Euroguidance network and promotion of the visibility of Euroguidance in Latvia.