The Euroguidance network is a network of centres across Europe linking together the Careers Guidance systems in Europe.
- All Euroguidance centres share three common goals:
- to support the development of the European dimension of lifelong guidance.
- to support competence development of guidance practitioners and raise their awareness on the value of international mobility.
- to provide information and communication on the European dimension of guidance.
The main tasks of the Euroguidance network are to establish links for exchange of information among providers of lifelong guidance services, respond to enquiries of guidance practitioners, participate/cooperate in various information and training activities and support the implementation of guidance aspects within the Europass portal. Euroguidance promotes mobility, helping guidance counsellors to better understand the opportunities available to European citizens throughout Europe.
Euroguidance Latvia is hosted by the Educational Guidance and and International Affairs Department of the State Education Development Agency (Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra).
The aims of Euroguidance Latvia are to foster development of national policy and practice in career guidance and counselling through providing information and support to guidance practitioners, policy makers, and other stakeholders.
- The tasks of Euroguidance Latvia include:
- Cooperation and networking at national and transnational level to ensure exchange of information with guidance and counselling stakeholders, Euroguidance centres and other European and international initiatives;
- Development, publication and dissemination of quality information on the guidance system of Latvia;
- Gathering and dissemination of lifelong guidance methods and tools for the Latvian guidance community;
- Awareness raising on European learning and career development opportunities of mobility for guidance practitioners and their clients;
- Contribution to the development of the Euroguidance network and promotion of the visibility of Euroguidance in Latvia.