The Eurydice network’s task is to understand and explain how Europe’s different education systems are organised and how they work. The network consists of 41 national units based in 37 countries (28 EU Member States, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland and Turkey) and is coordinated and managed by the EU Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency in Brussels, which drafts its publications and databases. The work of the Eurydice network is co-funded under the Erasmus+ programme.
Please see the network's homepage in English.
The Latvian Unit of the Eurydice network
- develops and updates Latvian education system descriptions on a regular basis;
- gathers information on education in Latvia for Eurydice studies;
- helps education experts find and access information on European education systems;
- organises translation and editing of network's publications in Latvian;
- disseminates network's products to target groups like national education policy makers and advisory bodies, municipal education experts, undergraduates and graduates in education etc.